The main purpose of the Association is to facilitate dialogue between Members of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Member States and the European rail sector. The Association intends to achieve a better understanding of rail-related issues and generally speaking to facilitate the work of all interested parties.
To this end, the Association endeavours in particular to facilitate:
- The establishment or strengthening of professional and personal ties between its members in full compliance with European and National Law;
- Co-operation with various scientific, technical, economic, industrial and professional groups and organisations whose activities affect the various issues that arise in the field of rail transport;
- The development of all activities appropriate to the objectives of the Association.
Rail Forum Europe organises the following activities:
- Conferences and debates gathering European policy-makers and experts from the rail sector,
- Technical visits to rail transport-related facilities,
- Publication and communication of any information likely to interest its members.
For more information, please visit the events section.